BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Buddy

Since becoming the mother of a son, I've noticed something...

every little boy seems to be "Buddy".
Not partner, pal, or dude
but buddy.
I work pretty hard at home at referring to MB with his real name. I really don't hate the name Buddy, but I didn't name him that, either. I want him to respond to what we named him, I kind of like the name :). None the less, Buddy is heard fairly frequently in our house, and I hear it in public, too, with other parents with boys, or people who come talk to us when we are out and about with MB in his stroller. (He LOVES his stroller. It moves and everything.)
I wonder, when they all start kindergarten, if a teacher were simply to call out the name Buddy how many of the kids would answer?....

Oh, and before I forget, special Thank you to Pam for the sweet card and adorable pillow she sent to MB. We love it :)

2 comments:

Finding Pam said...

Buddy would be preferred over Bubba? I hear that a lot in Texas.

Sorry it took me so long to find what I wanted to send MB. I am glad that you liked it.

Daryl said...

My boss refers to his son as 'guy' or 'big guy' .. its not his name .. and its IMO just wrong ..