BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 12, 2010

Ahhh....

Today, I wanted a popsicle.

A simple request, right?
Except, really, the reason I really wanted, no, needed said popsicle was that I just wasn't feeling well. I'd had a fever and chilling during the night, and woke up feeling like I've been run through a meat grinder and that the only thing that survived intact were my aching joints. Especially my knees. Oh, and I still had a low grade fever when I woke up.

Anyhow. Back to the important thing.
Popsicles.
When did the popsiclemarket explode? I finally could curb my desire for said frozen treat no longer, and drug my achy self to the store (dragged?) where I must have looked quite the site, buying cat food, and popsicles. Except. Popsicles.
SO MANY CHOICES!!!
My poor muddled brain first thought "screw it, go with the traditional ones", but then I had visions of the grape ones getting rotted and sticky in the bottom of my freezer. I don't like the grape ones. My tired eyes scanned, back, and forth, back and forth. Tangerine fruit bars, lime bars, lemonaide bars, strawberry, 'rockets', sugar free, mandarin orange...
pardon my french but Fuck!
All I wanted was a dang popsicle! Or a few, actually, because its summer and it just sounds right that I should be sick and eating popsicles! What else was I gonna eat!
In the end, I chose tropical fruit, sugar free popsicles, because, I know that when I don't feel good, sugar is not my friend.
It was the right choice. When I unwrapped that first cool treat, I will admit a moment of doubt, and fear. It was blue.
But it tasted
so freaking good.
So good, that half hour later I ate a red one...


2 comments:

sybil law said...

Ooooh - we get those, too! Yummeh.
But how's your fever?!

Daryl said...

ToonMan was (not the past tense) addicted to iced fruit bars ...